*/ CB 360 Cafe Project /* Help support the Blog!! Check out my Sponsor links in the GOOGLE ADS!! cb360cafe: Disassembly Pt. 1

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Disassembly Pt. 1

So today I think I will skip the commentary and get straight to the good stuff.
I started disassembly by removing the rear fender along with the back turn signals and the brake light. Next came the chain guard followed by the footpegs and the mufflers.
Then I noticed this

If you look in that small hole you can see the reminants of the cylinder stud (the bolt that holds the exhaust header to the engine casing). What this means is that the bolt was broken off and I now need either another cylinder block, or drill out the stud and re-thread the hole. MAJOR FRUSTRATION!! Apart from that and some stubborn screws, I haven't found any other critical problems with the bike which is always good.

Tomorrow (providing the weather is a little better) I hope to get the fuel drained out of the gas tank and carbs, get the air filters removed, and hopefully take a crack at getting all the electrical mapped out and possibly disconnected. But for now, here are some more pictures of the bike.

Two steps forwards one step back.

2 comments:

  1. oh man you are doing the whole dissassemply outside, not in a garage? oh snap, make sure not to loose any washers, bolts and screws and small junk like that. other than that bike looks pretty bad ass. the gas tank needs a lil work cause of the dents and stuff. PSST don't tell anyone but i never liked the honda "logo". other than that and a few rusty shock absorbers ( i dont know what they are called in bike lingo) the bike is pretty awesome, did you ride it yet?(even down the block). i wont tell anyone ;). cya will be keepign up with the blog. cya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you were the first to notice im doing the work all outside. I dont need 4 walls and a roof over my head!! Although in this type of weather the cold makes your fingers go numb in minutes. I cannot wait until it warms up! And thx for the compliment on the bike, although it does still have quite a ways to go!

    ReplyDelete