*/ CB 360 Cafe Project /* Help support the Blog!! Check out my Sponsor links in the GOOGLE ADS!! cb360cafe: cafe seat fabrication part 2

Saturday, May 16, 2009

cafe seat fabrication part 2

Right, so school has been sort of slowed the project down a bit this past week so all I have managed to do was continue to mock up the seat cowl. I decided I wanted to keep the frame the way it is and work around any problems that may come up. This is so that, In the event I want to change the bike back to stock I can.

Instead of fabricating a mounting bracket from scratch I wanted to re use some of the junk that came off the bike that was probably going to be chucked. What I found was that the mounting bracket for the brake light and license plate. I began hacking away at it until it looked like this. All that is left to be done now is to drill two holes in the bottom of the cowl and drill two holes in the fender bracket on the bike (circled above in red) so that they match up with the original mounting holes on the cowl and hope a CJ360 seat pan will fit on the stock seat hinges and thats it for fabrication. By the way, If anyone would be able to donate a CJ360 seat pan I would really appreciate it. If it needed to be shipped I would cover the cost.
So just to re-cap. Here is what I needed to make the cafe seat:
  • CJ360 seat cowl
  • CJ360 seat pan (still haven't found one)
  • CB360 tail light bracket
  • LED lights
  • Tin snips
  • Hack saw
  • Pliers
  • A few nuts and blots
And stuff to be done to the cowl:
  • Drill holes (2 frame, 2 cowl)
  • Fabricate back plate cover for cowl
  • Shorten CJ360 seat
  • Clean
  • Paint
Anywho, Once that is done I can clean up the frame, take it over to my grand parents and prep and paint the frame!
Got questions? E-mail me at nhshrub@gmail.com and I will help you out as best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment