*/ CB 360 Cafe Project /* Help support the Blog!! Check out my Sponsor links in the GOOGLE ADS!! cb360cafe: Cafe seat fabrication part 1

Monday, May 11, 2009

Cafe seat fabrication part 1

Today I decided to take a stab at mocking up the seat cowl. I started by re mounting the seat pan, marking off where I would need to cut and bend the seat up, and fixing the handlebars so I could get a better idea of my riding position. At this point, I have decided to take the somewhat easier way out and make the seat without cutting up the back end of the frame. I did a terrible job of cutting up the seat pan and I have decided to buy a CJ360 seat pan, and cut the middle out to shorten it. It should look good once I've gotten the new seat pan on there.

Oh, and by the way, NEVER buy ANY powertool accessory from princess auto. THIS is what happened when I tried to cut through the seat pan. lousy thing could have killed me! When it happened I ended up tossing it in the garden bed, and while it was knawing away at the daffodils I ran for the extension cord plug! Good times!

2 comments:

  1. Cool man, keep it up!
    If it were mine, I'd bob that front fender, and ditch the chain guard (after inspection...)
    What's the gray rear cowl made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rear cowl is made of plastic, The plastic itself is a wierd yellowish color, the gray is just the primer. Ya you're totally right about the chain guard and the fender, I'm gonna need a new fender though because the one that came with the bike had a massive break in it that someone attempted and failed to fix using a welder, so its pretty much ruined.

    ReplyDelete