*/ CB 360 Cafe Project /* Help support the Blog!! Check out my Sponsor links in the GOOGLE ADS!! cb360cafe: Paint Pt. 2

Friday, July 3, 2009

Paint Pt. 2

Orange is a cool colour.

Orange is also a colour which can make anything look god awful if you use too much of it, use it in the wrong place, or with the wrong colour etc... I was seriously worried before I started painting that the my choice of orange on black was going to turn out kind of Hallo-weenish, but I went ahead anyways and this is where my disregard for my own instincts have gotten me

What has been painted:
Frame - orange
swingarm - black
front caliper - orange/black
back brake stay - orange
etc...

So, after one coat a week ago (FYI: it really is best to wait the recommended time periond on the spray can), and another today here is how the frame looks


Not bad eh?

I also decided it was time to finish up the exhaust pipes and ready them for wrapping. Here is how they look before (above) and after (below) being sprayed with a can of Mastercraft High Temp Manifold paint.


As you can see below, when I got the CL360 exhaust pipes one of the pipes had a flange spot welded onto the end of it which I presume held the muffler on. To remove this, I got the hacksaw out and cut it off as neatly as I could.

Before (sorry, this is the only picture I could find of it)



After


Before I sign off, I just want to explain my reason for painting the frame orange. When I saw how well the orange came out on the first few pieces (see previous post) I really wanted to incorperate more of it into the bike. I went to the KTM website where I found my inspiration, the KTM superduke 990 Rebel. I'm just hoping mine will turn out looking half as good.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever finish the bike? The updates just stop after frame was painted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto that request. Just bought me my first bike (same model) and wanna see how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete