*/ CB 360 Cafe Project /* Help support the Blog!! Check out my Sponsor links in the GOOGLE ADS!! cb360cafe: CL360 exhaust, Primer, and Finally some Colors!!

Friday, June 19, 2009

CL360 exhaust, Primer, and Finally some Colors!!

Alright so after having a prolonged hiatus I have returned to my dutys as blog master with much to talk about. First, I finally got the cl360 exhaust pipes in and for 50 bucks and what its gonna cost to paint and wrap them, it was a steal!

Before:
After:
I also managed to do a final clean up of the frame and I got the wheels to more or less shine. Now yesterday I took some time and prepped a whackload of parts for painting, it was raining out so I figured there was nothing else to do. Today, I went out and bought a can of Dupli-color Engine enamel. One low gloss black and the other Chevy orange. The result has so far been fantastic! I am really happy with the way the orange came out, especially since it was almost neon when I was painting the parts. The only problem I had was that the spray can says to bake the parts at 300 F. So after talking with my folks they allowed me to use the oven in the kitchen (dont ask WHY they let me use it, I know I wouldnt let my kid do that). With these pieces out of the way, I am now left with the frame and gas tank and engine side covers to paint, the exhaust needs fixing up, the front brakes need rebuilding and new tires and its more or less ready to ride. I make it sound so easy, but in reality I spent 8 or so hours outside today just painting! In the end it will be worth it (I think).

5 comments:

  1. Very Cool Stuff! You are taking Care of business? That Cafe Style Ride will Rock. Let me ask a question. I ride an 03 Honda 750 Shadow. I kind of made into a bagger. I wanted black pipes but no one sells them for my ride. Do you think it's possible to Heat Tape the pipes that I currently have? I bought cheap after market Pipes but they blued out on me already? Anyway you seem like you may know about this kind of stuff.
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, Ya header wrap would look awesome on the bike, but if you want to get the wrap to look black (it usually is grayish black) you should buy header wrap paint too. Its just a special can of spray paint. If you do wrap them send me the pictures and I'll upload them to to blog somewhere. Heres a thread that should explain the pros and cons a bit more http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=3014.0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, that orange looks HOT!
    Don't forget to scrap those rotten tires! I guess you'll do that when it's closer to completion.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya I love the orange too, In fact I decided today to spray the frame orange! I'm going to do a coat of black on the bottom of the frame just to hide any dirt that may build up. And ya the bike definatly wouldn't pass inspection with those tires. at 35 years old they have long past their prime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ask what you did with the original mufflers? I have a CB360 that I'm looking to put original mufflers on. In fact, I also have a parts bike, which brings me to my next question. There are a few other parts I'm looking for, perhaps we can work out a trade or something? I can be reached at seank@insightbb.com.

    ReplyDelete